Graduate School at Shenzhen, Tsinghua Univesity
Department of Computer Science, Tsinghua University (partially affiliated)
Ph.D., Tsinghua University
M.Sc., Chinese Academy of Sciences
B.Sc., Tsinghua University
| Experience | Services
I am looking for self-motivated graduate students who are interested in network and system security research. Visiting students are also welcome to contact me. Please read this for detailed information.
- [ICDCS18] Mar. 2018, our packet forwarding verification paper accepted by IEEE ICDCS 2018. Congratulations, Peng Zhang!
- [Networking18] Mar. 2018, our regression based anomaly detection paper accepted by IFIP Networking 2018. Congratulations, Jun Wu!
- [TDSC] Feb. 2018, our SDN security paper accepted by IEEE TDSC. Congratulations, Xiaoyue Zou!
- [TPDS] Jan. 2018, our verifiable SSE paper accepted by IEEE TPDS. Congratulations, Jie Zhu!
- [TIFS] Jan. 2018, our DDoS defense paper accepted by IEEE TIFS. Congratulations, Jing Zheng!
- [TVT] Jan. 2018, our location privacy paper accepted by IEEE TVT. Congratulations, Peng Zhang!
- [Science and Technology Award] Nov. 2017, our intelligent malware detection research won the Beijing Science and Technology Award. Congratulations!
- [ToN] Nov. 2017, our fast rerouting paper accepted by IEEE/ACM ToN. Congratulations, Yuan Yang!
- [Best Paper Award] Oct. 2017, our paper titled "Disrupting SDN via the Data Plane: A Low-Rate Flow Table Overflow Attack" won the Best Paper Award from SECURECOMM 2017!
- [Network] Sep. 2017, our cloud service chain paper accepted by IEEE Network. Congratulations, Yuchao Zhang!
- [SIGIR Student Travel Grant] Sep. 2017, Dong Yuan is being awarded a SIGIR student travel grant to attend ACM CIKM 2017!
- [CIKM17] Aug. 2017, our sybil detection paper accepted by ACM CIKM 2017. Congratulations, Dong Yuan!
- [CCS17] Aug. 2017, our Android security paper accepted by ACM CCS 2017. Congratulations, Lingguang Lei and Yi He!
- [SECURECOMM17] Jul. 2017, our LOFT attack and LinkFlow papers accepted by SECURECOMM 2017. Congratulations, Jiahao Cao and Yi He!
- [CNS17] Jun. 2017, our ICN security and MTD papers accepted by CNS 2017. Congratulations, Qingji Zheng and Jianhua Sun!
- [ToN] May 2017, our CSEA paper accepted by IEEE/ACM ToN!
- [IWQoS17] Apr. 2017, our verifible SFC paper accepted by IWQoS 2017. Congratulations, Xiaoli Zhang!
- [DIMVA17] Apr. 2017, our container security paper accepted by DIMVA 2017. Congratulations, Lingguang Lei and Jianhua Sun!
- [ICDCS17] Mar. 2017, our truthful auction paper accepted by ICDCS 2017. Congratulations, Zhongxing Ming and Bingjie Gao!
- [DSN17] Mar. 2017, our JGRE paper accepted by DSN 2017. Congratulations, Yacong Gu!
- Research Interests
Internet and cloud security, mobile security, big data security and privacy
Machine learning for security and privacy, secure machine learning
Blockchain security, blockchain for security
- Current Research Projects
- Attack-Resistant Software-Defined Data Centers
- Secure Mobile Cloud Computing
- Privacy-Preserving Big Data Analytics
Qi Li received his Ph.D. degree from Tsinghua University. Now he is an associate professor of Graduate School at Shenzhen, Tsinghua University. He has ever worked at ETH Zurich, the University of Texas at San Antonio, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and Intel. He heads the Internet and Cloud Security Group with a group of graduate students working on different topics in security. His research interests are in network and system security, particularly in Internet security, mobile security, and big data security.
He is currently an editorial board member of IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, and has served on the organization or program committees of various premier conferences.
Selected Publications (More)
Yacong Gu, Kun Sun, Purui Su, Qi Li, Yemian Lu, Lingyun Ying, Dengguo Feng, JGRE: An Analysis of JNI Global Reference Exhaustion Vulnerabilities in Android, The 47th IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN 2017), to appear.
Qian Wang, Kui Ren, Minxin Du, Qi Li, and Aziz Mohaisen, SecGDB: Graph Encryption for Exact Shortest Distance Queries with Efficient Updates, Financial Cryptography and Data Security (FC 2017), to appear.
Peng Zhang, Qi Li, and Patrick P. C. Lee, Achieving Content-Oriented Anonymity with CRISP, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, IEEE, to appear.
Qi Li, Ravi Sandhu, Xinwen Zhang, Mingwei Xu, Mandatory Content Access Control for Privacy Protection in Information Centric Networks, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, IEEE, to appear.
- Yacong Gu, Qi Li, Hongtao Zhang, Purui Su, Xinwen Zhang, Dengguo Feng, Direct Resource Hijacking in Android, Internet Computing, IEEE, 20(5):46-56, 2016.
Jun Tang, Yong Cui, Qi Li, Kui Ren, Jiangchuan Liu, Rajkumar Buyya, Ensuring Security and Privacy Preservation for Cloud Data Services, ACM Computing Surveys, ACM, 49(1):1-39, 2016.
- Meining Nie, Purui Su, Qi Li, Zhi Wang, Lingyun Ying, Jinlong Hu, Dengguo Feng, Xede: Practical Exploit Early Detection, The 18th International Symposium on Research in Attacks, Intrusions and Defenses (RAID 2015), Kyoto, Japan, November 2-4, 2015.
- Qi Li, Xinwen Zhang, Xin Zhang, and Purui Su. Invalidating Idealized BGP Security Proposals and Countermeasures, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, IEEE, 12(3): 298-311, 2015.
- Qi Li, Xinwen Zhang, Qingji Zheng, Ravi Sandhu, and Xiaoming Fu. LIVE: Lightweight Integrity Verification and Content Access Control for Named Data Networking, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, IEEE, 10(2):308-320, 2015.
- Qi Li, Mingwei Xu, Yuan Yang, Lixin Gao, Yong Cui, and Jianping Wu. Safe and Practical Energy-Efficient Detour Routing in IP Networks, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, IEEE, 22(6): 1925-1937, 2014.
- Tsinghua University, Associate Professor (September 2014 - )
- ETH Zurich, Scientific Specialist (March 2013 - August 2014)
- The University of Texas at San Antonio, Postdoctoral Fellow (February 2012 - January 2013)
- Tsinghua University, Graduate Student Researcher, Staff Researcher (March 2007 - January 2012)
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Staff Researcher (Novermber 2009 - June 2010)
- Intel Open Source Technology Center, Intel Corporation, Visiting Scholar (July 2007 - August 2007)
- Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Staff Researcher (July 2003 - February 2007)
- Journal Editorialship
Associate Editor: IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (2015-now)
Guest Editor: IEEE Communications Magazine -- special issue on sustainable incentive mechanisms for mobile crowdsensing
- Conference/Workshop Organization
Track Co-Chairs: International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN) 2018
Publicity Co-Chairs: International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC) 2017
Publicity Co-Chairs: ACM TURC 2017 (SIGSAC China) 2017
Publicity Co-Chairs: IEEE Workshop on Security for Embedded and Mobile Systems (SEMS) 2017
Travel Grant Co-Chairs: ACM International Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ICN) 2016
Web and Publicity Chair: ACM Workshop on Scalable Trusted Computing (STC) 2012
- TPC Member
2018: IEEE ICDCS, ACM CODASPY, IEEE GLOBECOM, IEEE ICC, IEEE/ACM IWQoS, IEEE MASS, ACM SCC, ACM CPSS, ACM SDN-NFV Security, SECURECOMM, IEEE TrustCom, IEEE HotPost
2017: IEEE ICDCS, IEEE/ACM IWQoS, ACM CODASPY, ACM ICN, ACM TURC, ISC, IEEE ICCCN, IEEE GLOBECOM, IEEE ICC, NetSys, SecCPS, SEMS, ACM HotPost, ACM SDN-NFV Security, IEEE BigSecurity, ACM SCC, IEEE IPCCC
2016: ACM ICN, IEEE/ACM IWQoS, IEEE TrustCom, IEEE ICPADS, IEEE ICC, ACM CDOASPY, ACM SDN-NFV Security, ACM HotPost, IEEE APS-CPS
2015: ICPP, IEEE ICC, IEEE GLOBECOM, ACM CODASPY, IEEE NPSec, ACM HotPost
2014: IEEE GLOBECOMM, ACM CODASPY, IEEE NPSec
- Ph.D. Students
Yacong Gu (coadvised with Prof. Purui Su)(2013- )
Jiahao Cao (coadvised with Prof. Mingwei Xu)(2015- )
Xiaoli Zhang (coadvised with Prof. Jianping Wu)(2015- )
- M.S. Students
Yanyu Chen (2014- ), Yi He (2014- ), Shouyi Wang (2014- ), Jing Zheng (2014- )
Chunhui Pang (coadvised with Prof. Yong Jiang)(2014- ), Zheng Zheng (coadvised with Prof. Mingwei Xu)(2014- )
Lang Liu (2015- ), Rengui Wang (2015- ), Dong Yuan (2015- ), Jie Zhu (2015- )
Xiaomei Sun (coadvised with Prof. Mingwei Xu)(2015- )
Honors and Awards
- Beijing Science and Technology Award, Beijing, 2017.
- Best Paper Award, SECURECOMM 2017.
- Most Cited Computers & Security Articles, 2014.
- Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation Award, Tsinghua University, 2012.
- Outstanding Ph.D Graduate Aaward, Department of Computer Science, Tsinghua University, 2012.
- Tsinghua University Scholarship, Tsinghua University, 2009-2010.
Office in Shenzhen: Room H-202B, Graduate School at Shenzhen, Tsinghua University
The University Town, Tsinghua Campus, Shenzhen, 518055
Office in Beijing: Room 9-325, East Main Building, Tsinghua University
Haidian District, Beijing, 100084
qi dot li at sz dot tsinghua dot edu dot cn